It’s fall, and when there’s cool weather, there’s cabbage. Six in a full share, this week (unless someone snuck a cabbage into our bucket when I wasn’t looking…), and there are lots of things to do with them. Here’s just a few to get you started. Clicking on the links will take you to each recipe.
- Blaukraut, a Bavarian dish often served with potatoes and pork.
- Red Cabbage & Feta over Linguine from the fine folks at Food and Wine.
- Martha Stewart’s super simple take on red cabbage cooked with onions and apples.
- It’s also not too late in the year to get into fermenting! You can even make sauerkraut in mason jar!
- Here’s a nice little apple/cabbage slaw recipe that would make a great potluck dish.
- Warm is the name of the game these days, and for those of you who like both bacon and blue cheese, this warm little salad might be the ticket.
We also got several gorgeous heads of cauliflower this week. You can always make up a variety of dipping sauces (mayo, ketchup and a bit of yogurt, or mayo mixed with curry, make great dips for crudités). Cauliflower also does a great stunt-double stand-in for potatoes or rice. Check out this cauliflower fried rice recipe.